The Grants scheme is closed for 2019 due to all funds being allocated. New requests will be welcome from 1st April 2020
KCIL is seeking to help fund educational or training courses which will benefit the person attending and help them to develop new skills.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a paid up KCIL member. If you are not already a KCIL member, you can submit your application form at the same time as your grant application.
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kingston
- Have a long term and substantial health condition and/or impairment that is likely to last – or has lasted – twelve months or more, which severely affects your daily life. “Impairment” includes people with mobility and sensory impairments, learning disabilities, communication and mental health difficulties and other, non-evident impairments
- Be in receipt of disability-related benefits.
- Provide evidence of the cost of the course they are wishing to attend. This could be in the form of a letter of acceptance from the person/organisation running the course.
- Not make an application if you have already paid in full for your educational/training course.
- Only make one application in any 12 months period.
Applications will be considered by a grants panel once a month. The grants panel meets on a monthly basis.
All applications are subject to the availability of funds (we cannot guarantee to fully fund all applications) and receipt of a completed application form with supporting documents.
To apply, download an application form here
You can download a membership form here