KCIL is seeking to help fund educational or training courses which will benefit the person attending and help them to develop new skills.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a paid up KCIL member. If you are not already a KCIL member, you can submit your membership form at the same time as your grant application.
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kingston
- Have a long term and substantial health condition and/or impairment that is likely to last – or has lasted – twelve months or more, which severely affects your daily life. “Impairment” includes people with mobility and sensory impairments, learning disabilities, communication and mental health difficulties and other, non-evident impairments
- Be in receipt of disability-related benefits.
- Provide evidence of the cost of the course they are wishing to attend. This could be in the form of a letter of acceptance from the person/organisation running the course.
- Not make an application if you have already paid in full for your educational/training course.
- Only make one application in any 12 months period.
Applications will be considered by a grants panel once a month. The grants panel is scheduled to meet on a monthly basis.
All applications are subject to the availability of funds (we cannot guarantee to fully fund all applications) and receipt of a completed application form with supporting documents.