KCIL will help fund holidays or short breaks for disabled people.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a paid up KCIL member. If you are not already a KCIL member, you can submit your membership form at the same time as your grant application.
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kingston
- Be over 18
- Have a long term and substantial health condition and/or impairment that is likely to last – or has lasted – twelve months or more, which severely affects your daily life. “Impairment” includes people with mobility and sensory impairments, learning disabilities, communication and mental health difficulties and other, invisible impairments
- Be in receipt of disability-related benefits.
- Not apply for a grant after the holiday has been taken.
- Not make more than one application in any financial year (April – March).
- Be able to supply evidence of the holiday cost.
All applications are subject to the availability of funds (we cannot guarantee to fully fund all of your holiday) and receipt of a completed application form with supporting documents, which evidence the cost of the holiday.
As applications will be considered by a grants panel once a month, it is essential that your application is received at least 21 days in advance of the start of your holiday. The grants panel is due to meet on a monthly basis. Download an application form here
If you have any queries, please contact Robert Reilly on 020 8546 9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.