The Grants scheme is closed for 2019 due to all funds being allocated. New requests will be welcome from 1st April 2020
KCIL will help fund holidays or short breaks for disabled people.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a paid up KCIL member. If you are not already a KCIL member, you can submit your membership form at the same time as your grant application.
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kingston
- Be over 18
- Have a long term and substantial health condition and/or impairment that is likely to last – or has lasted – twelve months or more, which severely affects your daily life. “Impairment” includes people with mobility and sensory impairments, learning disabilities, communication and mental health difficulties and other, invisible impairments
- Be in receipt of disability-related benefits.
- Not apply for a grant after the holiday has been taken.
- Not make more than one application in any financial year (April – March).
- Be able to supply evidence of the holiday cost.
All applications are subject to the availability of funds (we cannot guarantee to fully fund all of your holiday) and receipt of a completed application form with supporting documents, which evidence the cost of the holiday.
As applications will be considered by a grants panel once a month, it is essential that your application is received at least 21 days in advance of the start of your holiday. The grants panel meets on a monthly basis.
You can download a membership form here
If you have any queries, please contact Robert Reilly on 020 8546 9603 or email@example.com.